Monday, October 27, 2008
Karate Kid
Okay, so there is this guy in one of my classes at the college and, just for privacy's sake, let's call him Frank. Anyway, for a couple of weeks now, me and "Frank" have been talking quite a lot and I have kind of developed a crush on him. Well, had developed until just a few days ago. See, I have this problem with guys. I don't know why but, every time I start to like a guy, he turns out to be...well...um...gay. I know, it's embarrassing, but sadly it is true. So far, it is not a proven fact that "Frank" is gay, but I am starting to have my suspicions about his sexuality. First off, he does Showtime which is this really animated, kind of flamboyant type of dancing. I let this slide because I have met perfectly straight guys who take dance classes but, after the other day I am not so sure that Showtime is as innocent as I thought it to be. The class we have together is a speech class and recently we were charged with doing a demonstration speech. I demonstrated how to stage manage a show properly, something that stage managers rarely ever do. Anyway, when I asked "Frank" what he was going to demonstrate he said, "karate." I was like, "really," and I kind off laughed it off; he is a pretty shy guy so I didn't suspect that he was seriously going to go up in front of the class and do karate. Eventually, the day for Frank to give his speech rolled around. I made sure that I looked especially cute that day because I knew he would be looking at me for inspiration while he gave his speech- that's kind of like an unspoken agreement between us, I look at him when I give my speeches and he looks at me when he gives his. I had on this really cute dress and I made sure that my hair was nice and soft and shiny- I even threw on some blush and concealer; I never wear make-up. So, as soon as he gets up to give his speech, my worst fears were confirmed. There he was, in karate garb with a black-belt tied around his waist. First, he bowed to the class and then he started dancing around the room doing all sorts of karate moves! He had this awful look on his face, like he was going to karate chop all of us in half. There I was, sitting in the front row, looking all cute and what-not, watching make him make a fool out of himself. I feel awful because of the way I felt, and I still do. I was so embarrassed for him that I, myself, was embarrassed too. I hope all of this doesn't sound really bitchy or anything. I just can't help it. Now whenever I see him, all I can picture is him red faced and grunting as he performs his karate. I suppose it could be kind of cute, he teaches karate to little kids and that's nice. I feel guilty for the way I feel because after he finished his karate demonstration, he had to give his entire speech out of breath and the whole time he looked at me all puffed and proud of what he had done. I just sat there, with a fake smile on my face. I'm awful, aren't I? -JM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, I am guessing that you dont have a good gaydar! ... Wait, I know 1st hand that you dont have a good gaydar! lmao! That doenst make you a bad person, everyone has their faults! Dont stress gurlie! Its all cool, just talk to 'em about it if it will make you feel more comfortable!
-MDB
Post a Comment